Despite the new “EB-5 Modernization Regulation” taking effect two weeks ago on November 21 and raising the minimum investment amounts, the EB-5 visa continues to hold exceptional value.
Why Choose EB-5 Over Other Visa Categories?
The U.S. EB-5 program is widely seen as one of the easiest ways to obtain a permanent green card and eventual citizenship in the United States. It continues to expand in popularity for investors around the world due to the immense advantages that are not present in immigration platforms found in other countries.
Many times, similar “investment visas” will require the investor families to reside in the same state or province as the investment. The EB-5 program allows for investors to live anywhere in the U.S. once their conditional green card has been received. There are also no travel restrictions and no English language skills required. The only age restrictions are that a single investment permits the investor, their spouse, and any children under the age of 21 at the time of the application approval to receive their green card. Any children over the age of 21 at the time of the investor’s application approval will need their own investment and petition.
This freedom of mobility around the United States allows individuals and their families to reside in markets that are suitable to their professional skills or to attend state colleges at in-state tuition rates. The savings of in-state tuition rates instead of overseas or even out-of-state tuition rates can represent a significant offset of the up-front investment amount, and we often see families utilize the EB-5 program for this reason alone.
Whether you’re looking to attend an American university, establish a career, or simply retire in the United States, the EB-5 program can represent a simplified approach to accomplishing these goals. While not every EB-5 platform is created equal, we would welcome the opportunity to share more about how we strive to create a safe and sustainable EB-5 model that can address some of the concerns about the immigration process.
What Makes This Visa so Valuable?
Here are a few of the major advantages of pursuing EB-5 to live in the United States:
- The American Dream: The belief that, in America, anyone, regardless of background, can reach their goals and achieve success through hard work, risk-taking, and determination.
- Increased Civil Liberties: Americans have desirable civil liberties that many other countries lack. Two of these liberties include the freedom of religion and freedom of expression. Some countries restrict freedom of religion and expression while others may even issue punishment for practicing certain religions or expressing particular speech.
- A Strong Economy: The U.S. has a strong economy with a near historic-low national unemployment rate of 3.7%. The United States also has a booming technology industry, a rising real estate market, and record low interest rates.
- Word-class Education: One of the top reasons why families from all over the world send their children to U.S. is to study. According to U.S. News and World Report, 8 of the top 10 ‘Best Global Universities’ are in the USA. The top 4 are all located in the US: Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stanford University, and University of California, Berkeley.
More Resources on Education in the United States
- Taking Advantage of the EB-5 Program for World Class Education Opportunities
- The Great Strengths of a U.S. Education
- EB-5 Benefits for Students
- Healthcare: For some, the U.S. can be a great place for medical treatment. Many cities offer modern facilities that utilize the latest treatment methods and advanced technologies. The U.S. is also a leader in field of medical research.
- Places to Live: When it comes time to move to the U.S., EB-5 investors can select a location based on the type of geography and climate that appeals to them. Since an EB-5 investor does not have to live near their investment, they can purchase a personal residence in any state. With easy inter-state travel, EB-5 investors could fly between states to enjoy the different seasons locations have to offer. They can live in southern California to enjoy the summer desert warmth and then fly to Aspen, Colorado for skiing in the winter.
More Resources on Living in the United States
- Cost of Living Around the United States
- The Best States of America
- The Nation’s Most Pricey Areas for Renters
- Entertainment: The U.S. is a global leader in the entertainment industry. The U.S. film industry isn’t just the biggest and oldest in the world, it’s also the most profitable. Hollywood isn’t the only leader in the entertainment industry, however. The U.S. is also the largest global music market for music recording and it’s a powerhouse in the TV, video game, and book publishing industries.
These are just a few top reasons why the EB-5 visa can be truly valuable for the right individuals. If you’d like to learn more about how our group can assist you in determining whether the U.S. EB-5 program would be a good fit for you and your family, please contact us here or email us at email@example.com.